I’m back! And I have a delicious new holiday recipe to share with you. It’s like a cookie but better. Imaging a zesty orangey cookie bar loaded with chocolate chips and cranberries.
Yes, I am finally back. After 6 weeks of no camera, no recipe testing, and no baking, I am back in the Savory Lotus kitchen doing what I love. Stopping by today to share a simple recipe that is PERFECT for homemade holiday gifts and gathering.
What’s better than the marriage of orange and chocolate? Not much, in my opinion. And that’s what these little cookie bars are all about. Trust me, I know. I’ve already made several batches as holiday gifts for my neighbors and friends. I can’t tell you how much I love cruising the neighborhood with Little One (all dressed up in her fancy red holiday dress) passing out little holiday gifts. It’s next level adorable.
OK, you may be asking yourself what a cookie bar is. It’s just like making cookies but easier. Instead of wrestling the sticky batter off of the spoon each time to get a perfectly round shape, you simple dump the batter in the pan, smooth, and bake. Then slice and serve. You can decide what size and shape to cut your little holiday treats.
Here’s the low down on these cookie bars: crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The perfect union of orange and chocolate with dried cranberries scattered about. All gluten free and grain free. I used grass fed butter, buy I bet they would turn out fabulous with coconut oil as well.
Wishing you are yours and healthy and happy holiday season. I am so grateful for all of your support this past year. I look forward to more fun recipes in the coming year.
Love holiday desserts? You may also love these:Print
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS super fine blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup butter of ghee, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from one orange
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (like this)
- 6 tbsp chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy, soy, and nut free brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together butter/ghee and coconut sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, and orange zest. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and mix again until smooth. Fold in dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 22-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before lifting edges of parchment paper to transfer cookie bars to cooling rack. Slice into desired sized bars while still slightly warm.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.