It’s starting to feel like he holidays, and I am in the mood for baking. Today I whipped up these little beauties: Flourless Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m a big fan of cookies, And peppermint. You may have seen my run of peppermint goodies last year at this time: Peppermint Chocolate Cookie Balls, Chocolate Peppermint Gummy Treats, and Flourless Peppermint Brownies. I should really make all of these again.
But today I am sharing my twist on the old classic chocolate chip cookie, with peppermint, of course. I shared my Flourless Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies a while back. This recipe is similar. I decided to use coconut sugar instead of a wet sweetener because I wanted a crispier cookie. I’m thrilled with the way they turned out.
I’m thrilled because these little cookies are the perfect combo of chewy inside and crispy outside. Just how I like my cookies. They also have just the right amount of peppermint flavor without being overpowering. Perfect for the holidays!
Oh, and did I mention that they are ridiculously easy to make and absolutely delicious. You can whip them up in just minutes.
Flourless Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 20-22 cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I use this brand)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil OR 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt (like this) (if your almond butter contains salt, decrease to 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy, soy, and nut free brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Whisk together whole egg and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond butter and coconut sugar until fully combined. Add vanilla extract, peppermint oil/extract, baking soda, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated. Then add whisked egg and egg yolk and mix again until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon or scoop, form the dough into round balls and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press balls down, as these cookies spread only a bit in the oven.
- Bake 10 -12 minutes until cookies are golden brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Please only use pure, food-grade therapeutic essential oils for cooking. Many essential oils that are sold are not 100% pure and can be adulterated. These are not meant for consumption. My essential oil of choice is Young Living. Learn more about where to get good quality essential oils HERE.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Interested in getting your own Young Living Peppermint Oil? Want to save 24% on all of your essential oils? Find out more HERE.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.