It’s starting to feel like he holidays, and I am in the mood for baking. Today I whipped up these little beauties: Flourless Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m a big fan of cookies, And peppermint. You may have seen my run of peppermint goodies last year at this time: Peppermint Chocolate Cookie Balls, Chocolate Peppermint Gummy Treats, and Flourless Peppermint Brownies. I should really make all of these again.
But today I am sharing my twist on the old classic chocolate chip cookie, with peppermint, of course. I shared my Flourless Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies a while back. This recipe is similar. I decided to use coconut sugar instead of a wet sweetener because I wanted a crispier cookie. I’m thrilled with the way they turned out.
I’m thrilled because these little cookies are the perfect combo of chewy inside and crispy outside. Just how I like my cookies. They also have just the right amount of peppermint flavor without being overpowering. Perfect for the holidays!
Oh, and did I mention that they are ridiculously easy to make and absolutely delicious. You can whip them up in just minutes.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I use this brand)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil OR 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt (like this) (if your almond butter contains salt, decrease to 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy, soy, and nut free brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Whisk together whole egg and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond butter and coconut sugar until fully combined. Add vanilla extract, peppermint oil/extract, baking soda, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated. Then add whisked egg and egg yolk and mix again until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon or scoop, form the dough into round balls and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press balls down, as these cookies spread only a bit in the oven.
- Bake 10 -12 minutes until cookies are golden brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
This is the peppermint essential oil that I use. You can learn more about it here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.