Every time I think of lemons, my mouth waters. Tangy and tart. I love them. And I especially love them in desserts. And here’s the easiest lemon desert of them all: Lemon Curd.
I have always wanted a prolific lemon tree in my yard. One that puts out huge, delicious lemons all year ’round. I once had a neighbor who had a Meyers lemon tree like that. Biggest lemons you ever saw. And best tasting as well.
Unfortunately, I live in an unusual micro climate in Northern California. Citrus does NOT like it here. We get a slight frost all winter long that prevents lemon trees from being very productive here. I have tried to cover them up. I have attempted to shelter them. I am a pretty good gardener, but it is not happening. No one in my neighborhood has a single citrus tree. But drive 2 miles away, and my dear friend, Kathleen has a huge lemon tree with several orange and tangerine trees. That’s Northern California for ya. Micro climates.
Anyway~ back to the lemons. Yes, I love them. Ad yes, I like to make desserts out of them. Here is the easiest and possible the yummiest dessert I know how to make out of lemons: Lemon Curd. It’s a thick, silky-smooth spread or topping that can be eaten by itself or poured over any other dessert that makes you happy. It’s slightly tart and a little bit sweet. I HIGHLY recommend using Meyers lemons if you can get your hands on some.
And best of all: It’s super easy to make. In less than 10 minutes, you can be licking the spoon of your delicious, creamy lemon curd. I hope that you enjoy it!
P.S. If you love this lemon curd, be sure to check out my Luscious Lemon Tarts using this recipe.Print
Easy Lemon Curd (paleo)
- Yield: 1 and 1/2 cups
- In a small pan, whisk together eggs, yolks, honey, lemon juice, salt and zest. Add fat of choice and turn heat to low.
- Cook on low until fat is completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to medium and continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens ~ about another 5-7 minutes. You will know it is done when tiny little bubbles begin to come to the surface.
- Immediately strain through a sieve and refrigerate. The curd will thicken even more when it sets.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
LOVE LEMON? MORE LEMON RECIPES:
- Lemon Panna Cotta (dairy free)
- Paleo Lemon Bars
- Paleo Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- Preserved Meyer Lemons
- Lemon Pudding Cake
- Soothing Cold and Flu Elixir