Beautiful food excites me. It’s like art on a plate. I get a kick out of creating lovely food that tastes amazing. It’s my creative outlet in life. My pots, pans, and baking dishes are my art supplies. REAL food is my medium. Today’s creation: Luscious Lemon Tarts.
I love the word luscious. It just oozes seduction and deliciousness. When I became a food blogger, I had no idea that there is a total language for describing food. I once googled “cooking terminology” because I thought it would be a good idea for me to sound like I know what I am talking about. WHOA! A whole new world opened up to me. I will admit it: I have no formal training in cooking. I am TOTALLY self taught by YEARS of experimentation, travel, and love of food. I have loved food since I can remember, and eating has always been top priority in my life.
I guess that it’s not 100% true that I have no training. I have had the pleasure of spending time with many fabulous cooks in my life. I have had the pleasure of eating at many fine restaurants all around the world. I also have a background in yoga, Ayurveda, massage, and health care, all which carry a nutritional component. And I am blessed to live in an area that offers a bounty of fresh, local foods year round. Food is all around me. Sometimes I feel like I live and breathe food. – not that I am complaining.
Back to the word luscious. It was the one word that came to mind when I decided to make these darling little tarts. I had been eyeing some cute little tart pans at our local kitchen accessory store for a while. I may have a little obsession going with cute kitchen items. I guess it could be worse. Anyway, I bought the tart pans, made some lemon curd, and then just had to make some tarts. That’ s how it all went down.
And now I get to share this luscious recipe with you all. Can’t you just taste it now? Luscious lemon curd nestled in a flaky coconut flour crust. It’s cute. It’s lovely. And I had fun eating it. I bet you will too!
- 3 eggs
- 6 TBS coconut oil (like this)OR ghee (like this), melted
- 3 TBS raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 TBS coconut flour (like this one), sifted
- I batch of lemon curd (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 and 1/4 tsp grass fed gelatin (like this)
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Whisk together eggs until foamy.
- Add fat of choice, honey, vanilla, and salt. Mix again.
- Sift in coconut flour and mix again until thoroughly combined. Press mixture into 4 tart pans (like this) and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare lemon custard as directed HERE. Once it is done, place 1/4 cup water into a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Gently heat lemon curd back up if it has cooled, add gelatin/water mixture, and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour lemon curd into prepared crusts and place into fridge to set ~ at least 2 hours.
- Serve at room temperature. Top with fresh berries to make them lovely and beautiful.
The tart pans that I used for this recipe are 4.675 inch round tart pans.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.