Yes, another paleo cracker recipe. This one is my version of a “cheese” cracker- without the cheese. It’s crispy. It’s savory. And my family loves them.
I made a batch of these the other day, and when I left my family alone for a couple of hours, they were GONE. The whole tray. I guess they were a hit.
These “cheesy” paleo crackers are a spin off of my original paleo crackers. They are completely grain, dairy, and nut free. I have been using sunflower seeds in place of almond flour lately. And I love it. I use soaked and dehydrated sunflower seeds that are ground to a coarse flour in my food processor.
The “cheesy” flavor comes from nutritional yeast. What I love about nutritional yeast:
- Good source of B vitamins, especially B12 (1 TBS provides provides an adult with a full day’s supply)
- Good source of protein (9 grams in 2 TBS)
- Rich in minerals (including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium, and selenium)
- Makes EVERYTHING taste better
I hope you enjoy them as much as my kids did!
- Preheat oven to 325' F
- Process sunflower and pumpkin seeds in food processor until you get a coarse flour-like consistency (about a minute or so)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined. (Mixture will stick together and begin to form a ball. If it doesn't form ball, add a titch more nutritional yeast.)
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of unbleached parchment paper to ¼ inch (or less) thick
- Score the crackers into desired sizes with a pizza cutter
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes (I like to break them up along the scored lines during the last 5 minutes to ensure even baking. BE CAREFUL. They are super hot.)
- Allow to cool and enjoy. Store in an airtight container.