I’ve been playing with grain-free cracker recipes this week.
It’s nice once in a while to have something crispy and crunchy to eat. And I think that I have found the perfect grain free cracker recipe. And I think that you are going to love it!
This recipe is dairy and egg-free. And I used coconut oil as the fat. Many of the nuts and seeds that I used were soaked and dehydrated to make crispy nuts. This makes them more digestible.
The grain free cracker recipe has a titch of almond flour as the base, but I added a ton of other things as well. I have made this recipe with both hazelnuts and macadamia nuts, and both were super yummy. The macadamia ones were a bit lighter and flakier, which was nice.
- 1 cup hazelnuts (or macadamia nut), soaked and dehydrated
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 TBS hemp seeds, raw, hulled
- 2 TBS sesame seeds. raw
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds, soaked and dehydrated
- 2 TBS flax meal
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 tbs. coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp Herbamare seasoning
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt (if not using herbamare, use ½ tsp celtic sea salt)
- Preheat oven 325'F
- Place hazelnuts and almond flour into food processor and process into a coarse flour
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined and forms a dough ball
- Place dough ball on large piece of parchment paper
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top, and carefully roll out into ¼ inch (or less) thick
- Use pizza cutter and cut into desired cracker sizes
- Bake at 325' for 20-25 minutes (check them towards the end as each oven varies)
- Allow to cool completely then gently break along cut lines