I’m a big snacker. I like to graze all day long. So I try to make sure that I always have little handy snacks available. One of my recent favorites are my nut-free Paleo Crackers.
These crispy little crackers are a delicious mix of sunflower, sesame, and flax seeds. You can also add in pumpkin seeds in place of the flax. They are so versatile and easy to make. I’ve made them several times and found that the proportions of seeds doesn’t matter so much as long as you add enough oil and water to make them stick together. You could substitute or add any yummy seeds that you like. I’m going to try hemp seeds next time.
Who doesn’t love a good cracker?
I actually consider crackers just a vehicle for spooning delicious dips and sauces into my mouth. My two favorite things to eat with these simple crackers are Parsnip Hummus and Vital Green Pesto. Or you could do what my little one does and just eat them with almond butter. I have been known to make them into a little treat by topping them with my Cardamom Fig Chia Jam.
- Place sunflower seeds into food processor and process until well ground into flour
- If using pumpkin seeds, add in and pulse several times to break down the seeds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined and starting to stick together to form a dough
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to ¼ inch (or less) thick
- Score the crackers into desired sizes with a pizza cutter
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes
- Allow to completely cool then gently break along cut lines
Do you love grain free crackers? Check out my recipe for Grain Free “Everything” Crackers as well.