It has been a busy week here in the Savory Lotus household. With a teenager and a toddler, my life gets pretty full. My saving grace when life gets hectic is homemade freezer meals. And meatballs are the ultimate easy freezer meal. Introducing my grain free Spinach Cilantro Meatballs.
Meatballs are the best way to get nutrient-dense goodness into your family. And they freeze really well. I keep a stock on hand in my freezer for evenings when I just don’t have the time or energy to whip up a gourmet meal. Steam some greens and bake a few sweet potatoes or winter squash, and BAM! Dinner is served.
And meatballs are not just for dinner. They make the best on-the-go snack. Or try simmering a few in some homemade broth for a quick, easy lunch. REAL food doesn’t have to take forever to make.
I used ground bison and ground pork to make these meatballs, but you can use any ground meat that you like. I find that bison is sometimes a bit lean to make a good meatball so the pork goes nicely with it. I’ve made these with grass fed beef as well. Either way, they are delicious.
Like I said, it’s been a busy week. I’m off to defrost some meatballs for the fam. Wishing you a happy and healthy week.
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, bison)
- 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp herbamare seasoning (like this) (just add more salt if you don’t have this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 eggs, whipped
- Preheat oven to 400’F and line with unbleached parchment paper (like this).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until fully combine. I use my hands here.
- Roll into small balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until meatballs are beginning to brown and cooked all the way through.
- Enjoy! To freeze: freeze meatballs in a single layer then place frozen meatballs in a airtight container.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Do you have a favorite homemade freezer meal? Please share in the comments.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.