Sweet potatoes are my absolute favorite vegetable. I could eat them every day. And I often do. They are just so sweet and delicious. And nutrient-dense too. Today I whipped up some Masala Sweet Potato Bites. I’m in love!
I’m not really sure what to calls these little morsels. I literally had some leftover cooked sweet potatoes and was craving something with curry spices. This is what I came up with. They are not a burger. Not really a patty. But, dang, they are tasty!
Sweet potatoes are amazing! I consider them a SUPERFOOD because they are loaded with nutrient-dense goodness. They contain approximately 30% of your daily vitamin C requirements. They are also rich in Vitamin B-complex, especially B6. B vitamins are essential for your body to regulate stress and mood, along with many other metabolic functions. Because of the fiber and carbohydrate content of yams, they are an excellent source of long-lasting energy. And don’t forget about Vitamin A, Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Manganese, and Copper.
This recipe can be made from either the traditional white sweet potato or the beautiful orange yam. I loved them both ways. Drizzle on a little lemon juice and fresh cilantro and your family will be begging for more.Print
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cooked (2 cups mashed)
- 2 eggs, preferably pastured, whipped
- 1 TBS arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this) for cooking
- GARNISH: fresh lemon juice and cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl (except for cooking oil and garnish) and mash until well combined.
- Let mixture sit in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat your fat of choice in a large skillet. Spoon out TABLESPOON sized scoops of mixture into pan and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Continue to cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a titch of fresh lemon juice sprinkled on top and some fresh cilantro. These heat up nicely on a warm skillet.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Do you have a favorite sweet potato recipe? I would love to hear about it.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.