I have more peaches right now than I know what to do with. Our beautiful peach tree gives up all of it’s delicious fruit all at once. So this week is all about the PEACH. Today it is Homemade Peaches and Cream Ice Cream.
My family loves ice cream. I skim the cream from the raw milk we get from our local farmer every week and make ice cream. There is nothing like homemade ice cream. And without any harmful additives or questionable ingredients, it’s a healthy snack that I feel good about feeding my family. Organic grass fed cream and milk, pastured eggs, local honey, and homegrown peaches. What could be better?
I always recommend raw dairy if at all possible. I find that it is much healthier and better digested. Read more about raw milk HERE. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. THIS is the one that I recommend. I love it. It’s so easy to use and clean.
What makes this recipe so special is the chunks of peach pieces that you will bite into as you enjoy your creamy creation. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I’m literally still licking my lips as I write this…..
- 1 and ½ cups cream (I used raw cream)
- 1 cup whole milk, preferably raw
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of celtic sea salt (like this)
- 2 and ½ ripe peaches, cut into small ½ inch pieces (divided into 1 cup and 1 and ½ cups)
- Place ice cream maker canister in freezer to chill (some models require extended freeze time so plan ahead.)
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for 1 and ½ cup chopped peaches, in a blender and process until smooth and well combined.
- Add the rest of the chopped peaches and pour into chilled ice cream canister.
- Assemble ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions and process for 25-45 minutes, depending on your machine. Makes a little over a quart of ice cream.
- Serve immediately or store in freezer..... enjoy!!!
You may also enjoy my recipe for Homemade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream