Beautiful golden beets fried up into delicious little burgers. All I can say is, “Mmmmmmmm!”
One of my favorite things about where I live is the access to UH-MAY-ZING produce all year round. We get a CSA box from a local farm (thank you, farmers!), and it’s always exciting to see what’s inside. Little One goes with me because it’s fun to visit the farm and because I want her to see where the food she eats comes from. This week, we found some delicious golden beets in our box.
Have you ever eaten a golden beet? If not, you really should! Seriously!
What’s really great about getting a box of local, season produce (besides the fact that it’s the most economical and sustainable way to eat) is that it provides inspiration for me in the kitchen. When I decided to use the beautiful golden beets to make yummy little burgers for Father’s Day, it was not my intention to create a blog post. But they turned out so yummy and so beautiful. So here we are.
The recipe is super easy. Shred some beets. Crack some eggs. Add some herbs and tapioca flour. Fry them up. The flavor is earthy, sweet, and savory. I usually serve them as a main dish with a big side salad. They pair well with my curried cauliflower. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.
So if you are lucky enough to find some beautiful golden beets, I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Just imagine yourself biting into one of these golden, crispy beet burgers. Like I said, “Mmmmmmmm!”Print
Golden Beet Burgers (grain free)
- Yield: about 12 small burgers
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add enough ghee or coconut oil to liberally coat the bottom of the pan.
- Using your hands, scoop out a handful of the mixture and plop it into the heated pan (about 2 tablespoons). Repeat until all of mixture is used. Continue to stir the mixture in the bowl as you go to keep it well incorporated.
- Fry each burger about 3-4 minutes on each side, pressing down slightly with the back of a spatula to flatten. Serve and enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Now it’s your turn: Have you ever eaten a golden beet? Any favorite recipes?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.