Garlicky roasted potatoes ready in less than 30 minutes. A super simple side dish for any occasion.
Who doesn’t love crispy potatoes loaded with chunks of garlic and finished off with a bit of salt, pepper, and fresh parsley? This is one of those side dish recipes that you’ll want to pull out again and again.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated. My easy dinner formula consists of
#1 – a good quality protein
#2 – two to three plant-based side dishes.
That’s it. I don’t make fancy recipes with tons of ingredients. Just simple, basic real food.
And these garlicky roasted potatoes are a family favorite around here. They go well with just about any meal that I make, and everyone is happy. My biggest challenge is to stop my people from cherry-picking all of the crispy garlicky goodness from the bottom of the pan.
And they are naturally gluten free, grain free, and Whole30 compliant (as long as you use ghee.)
- I use fingerling potatoes, but you can use any small, new, or baby potato that you like.
- The level of garlicky-ness is up to you. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- I like parsley on my roasted potatoes, but if that’s not your jam, feel free to omit or to use any fresh herb like rosemary, thyme, basil, or cilantro if you wish.
- I highly recommend using a cast iron skillet for this process. The pan stays nice and HOT which helps get those taters nice and crispy.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO SAVORY LOTUS NEWSLETTER TO GET YOUR FREE 30 MINUTE MEALS EBOOK AND TO GET FRESH RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
Garlicky roasted potatoes ready in less than 30 minutes. A super simple side dish for any occasion. Gluten free. Whole30 compliant.
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 4–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 and 1/2 pounds fingerling or any other small potato, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Melt butter or ghee in a large cast iron skillet (or any oven safe skillet) on medium heat. Add garlic and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place skillet into preheated oven and roast potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy, tender, and golden, flipping once during cooking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- to keep this recipe WHOLE30 compliant, be sure to use ghee.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.