Woohoo! This recipe makes me so happy cuz it combines two of my favorite things: breakfast AND tacos. Who’s with me on this?
It’s my humble opinion that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I wake up HUNGY and like to start my day off right with plenty of healthy fats and good protein. I know not everyone feels this way. My husband is never hungry in the morning and usually eats much later in the day (I’m usually already having second breakfast by then!)
This recipe is for folks like me who adore breakfast and want a quick, easy, and ridiculously delicious way to eat well in the morning.
OK…Ok… I know these look super fancy and all. But the truth is that fried egg breakfast tacos are super easy to throw together. It’s just all about the toppings. All you need is some tortillas, a bit of bacon, and a simple fried egg. The rest is just about smothering them with all of your favorite things for flavor. Here’s the low down on my version of breakfast tacos:
…the tortillas: as much as I would like to say that I make my own homemade gluten free, grain free, and paleo tortillas, I don’t. This would require WAY too much effort for me in the morning. Lucky for me, a company called SIETE has created a line of tortillas and chips that totally fit the bill. You can check them out HERE. They seem to be pretty expensive online, but I buy mine from our local Whole Foods for less than half that price. For this post, I used the Cassava Coconut Tortillas. We also LOVE the Cassava Chia ones. I haven’t tried the Almond Flour ones yet.
…the bacon. I love both turkey and pork bacon. Either one is good. Pro breakfast taco tip: make your bacon ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for when you are craving one of these beauties.
…the fried egg. The runnier, the better is my mottos when it comes to eggs. I love a good drippy yolk.
…the fixings. Feel free to add whatever goodness makes you happy. I’ve chosen three different flavor combos: #1 radish, jalapeño, and avocado, #2 pickled red onion and micro greens, and #3 red cabbage cilantro slaw. And don’t forget the lime wedges, fresh cilantro, and your fav salsa.
OMG. These are so good!
So next time you are in a rut about what to fix for breakfast, remember this post. Fried Egg Breakfast Tacos for the win!
- Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Melt butter/ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Break eggs and slip into skillet, one at a time. Reduce heat to low. Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Remove from pan when eggs are cooked to your liking. (If you like your yolks more well done, flip eggs over and cook to desired doneness.) Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- While eggs cook, heat another skillet until hot. Place tortillas in skillet and heat until tortillas begin to soften and begin to slightly brown.
- Place warm tortilla on a serving plate. Place cooked bacon and fried egg on top of tortilla. Top with all of your favorite toppings. ENJOY!
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil (I use THIS organic brand)
- pinch of salt
Combine everything in a small bowl. Enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.