Fermented Ginger Carrots
- Yield: 1 quart
- 1 and 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use THIS one)
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 4 – 5 medium carrots, washed but not peeled (you will need 4 cups of grated carrots)
- 1 TBS grated fresh ginger
- Combine sea salt and water in a glass jar and mix until salt is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Grate carrots and measure out 4 cups of grated carrots. Add grated ginger to carrots and place into fermentation jar. Press down firmly to pack down into jar and remove any air bubbles.
- Pour prepared salt brine over carrots until water level is just above the level of the carrots. Gently tap jar on the counter to remove any trapped air bubbles. Be sure to leave room in the jar as the carrots will release more liquid.
- Place airtight lid fitted with an airlock onto jar and allow to sit on counter for 3 days. Be sure to cover your fermentation jar to block out any light.
- Transfer to fridge when done. Enjoy!