My most helpful tip for staying on a REAL food diet when away from home or when life gets hectic is to plan ahead a bit. I spend a little time in the kitchen each week to whip up a couple easy to access snacks that I can grab when on the go. This assures that I don’t find myself having a low blood sugar meltdown away from home and then grabbing something that I wouldn’t otherwise eat just to get by. Let’s face it, it’s not always easy to find healthy snacks when you are out and about. I consider this preventative self-care. I know that I get hungry frequently, so these little snacks help keep me happy and fueled up while on the run.
This week I made these…
Coco-Banana Balls…… naturally sweet, loaded with goodness…..covered in coconut…..the dates will provide good quality energy and the protein and fats in the nuts will keep you full until your next meal…. YUM!!!!!
NOTE: I recommend soaking and dehydrating your raw nuts before eating them. This makes them more digestible. Read more HERE.Print
- Process almonds and cashews in food processor into a coarse, chunky flour
- Set aside in a separate bowl
- Place dates, banana, and salt into processor and puree into smooth paste
- Add in nuts and pulse until well combined
- Roll into small balls with your hands
- Place coconut shreds onto small plate and roll each ball over shreds to coat
- Place in fridge to set, at least 2 hours
- Store on fridge, separating layers with parchment paper
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
What is your favorite healthy on-the-go snack?????
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.