My mouth is still watering just thinking about the dinner I made this past weekend: Chipotle Bacon Sliders.
OK, I may be slightly obsessed with sliders right now. I’ve been traveling a bit and have had the chance to eat at some great restaurants lately. One thing that I always enjoy is a good slider. What’s not to love? Cute little burgers covered in all sorts of tasty yummies like caramelized onions, spicy aioli, avocado, and savory sauces. I just leave off the bun, ask for extra lettuce, and I’m in heaven.
Last weekend, I was feeling lazy but wanted something really good for dinner. I looked in the fridge and what did I see? A pound of local, grass feds beef and a pound of delicious bacon. PERFECT!
Sliders are a perfect, quick and easy dinner idea. They don’t require much prep, and they cook up in just minutes. You can top them with just about anything. Sauerkraut is my little ones favorite topping right now.
My kids love having mini meals served to them. I do too. There is just something satisfying about eating 2 or 3 burgers instead of just one.
So here you go….. my new favorite slider recipe: Chipotle Bacon Sliders.
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 TBS butter, ghee (like this), or coconut oil (like this)
- 1 pound ground meat
- 4 strips of precooked bacon
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (like this one)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1 TBS butter, ghee, or coconut oil for cooking burgers
- 1 avocado
- lime juice
- unrefined sea salt
- a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- lettuce for garnish
TO MAKE CARAMELIZED ONIONS:
- Melt the ghee, butter, or coconut oil on medium heat. Add onion rounds and saute slowly until golden brown. Push the onions around a bit to make sure they cook evenly. You can add a tablespoon of water if they begin to stick to pan. Mine usually take 20-25 minutes.
- Mash together avocado, lime, and salt in a small bowl. Add optional hot sauce for some heat. Set aside.
- Combine ground meat, chopped bacon, salt, and spices in a medium bowl. Mix to combine. Form into 9 small patties.
- Heat 1 TBS of fat of choice in skillet on medium to medium high heat. Cook patties 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked the way you like it.
- Serve over a bed of fresh lettuce. Top with caramelized onions and avocado.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Do you have a favorite burger recipe? Please share in the comments below.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.