Easy dinners are a favorite for this busy mama. This Chicken Curry with Zucchini Noodles has been showing up on our dinner table quite often lately.
Don’t you just love a meal that the whole family will eat? No one complains. No one refuses to it it. AND IT’S HEALTHY! This Chicken Curry with Zucchini Noodles has been a big hit around here. And I am super excited to share the recipe with you today.
I am a no nonsense kind of cook. We eat simple, REAL food that tastes good. I don’t have time for fancy recipes or time-consuming meals. I saw THIS recipe online a while back while stalking the internet for food inspiration. The beautiful food photos and creative recipes on the site really drew me in and caught my eye. I decided to make my own version of her chicken curry.. This is what I came up with:
You can’t really beat a one-pot kind of meal. You just throw it all in and let it do it’s thing. Easy peasy! I take every opportunity to load my family up with more vegetables. I added carrots and red peppers for flavor and color. The zucchini noodles are fun to eat. The chicken gives you your protein. And the coconut milk and spices make this dish out-of-this-world delicious. You’ll notice that I snuck in a some homemade bone broth for a little added nourishment.
Oh, and I used my vegetable spiralizer to easily cut my zucchinis into noodles. It works like a charm!
Hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Chicken Curry with Zucchini Noodles
- Yield: 4-6
- 2 tsp turmeric (like this)
- 1 tsp coriander (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin (like this)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt (I use THIS brand)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated (or 1 tsp dried ginger powder)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (I use THIS brand)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken, chopped into small 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 cup homemade bone broth (here’s my recipe)
- 1 and 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (where to get BPA free coconut milk)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4-5 medium zucchinis, spiralized into noodles
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- cilantro for garnish
- Combine turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt, chopped garlic, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet or pot over medium/high heat. Saute chicken pieces for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink on the outside.
- Add spices, stir to combine, and cook for another minute. Then add bone broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Add in carrots and red pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes. The add zucchini noodles and cook for another 5 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Squeeze in lemon juice. Garnish with fresh cilantro. And dig in!