Today’s post is brought to you by Shaye Elliot from The Elliott Homestead. Shaye is a true kitchen goddess as she prepares amazing, from-scratch meals from her small little homestead. And she is here to rock your world with an easy peasy way to cook the most delicious steak in a cast iron. And there’s even a video. Enjoy!
Hello fellow food enthusiasts! So glad to meet you… even if it is digitally. I’m always humbled by the community that exists around a common love for good food. Which is obviously why you’re reading Katja’s blog in the first place! It’s a beautiful place to hang out and be inspired. I’m humbled she’s invited me to share in a bit of that love.
This irresistible recipe I want to share with you today might make you throw away your grill! Sautéing in a cast iron skillet will change the way you prepare and enjoy your steaks!Print
Cast Iron Steak and Mushrooms
- Yield: 4 steaks
- 4 New York Strip steaks (about 2 pounds total)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 5 cups wild mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Pat steaks dry, generously salt and pepper each side. Drizzle olive oil into a large cast iron skillet. When the oil is just starting to smoke, add steaks to sear. Cook for 4 minutes per side until crusted for medium-rare. Remove the steaks from the skillet and transfer to a warm oven to rest.
- In another skillet, melt the butter. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant. While garlic is cooking, gently break apart or roughly chop mushrooms. Add mushrooms to melted butter and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly golden in color. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Remove steaks from the oven, transfer to a plate and carefully spoon the cooked mushrooms on top. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.