These little muffins are by far my most favorite muffin to bake. Tiny little morsels filled with carrots, raisins, and ginger. Introducing my gluten and grain free Carrot Ginger Muffins.
Usually, coconut flour is my flour of choice for baking, but sometimes I am searching for just the right texture for my muffins. That is when I turn to blanched almond flour. Almond flour gives a much richer flavor and fluffier texture to any baked goods. I always use almond flour in moderation as I like to be mindful of the amount of nuts I am consuming. Almond flour is high in Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and can become a problem if over-consumed.
But since I don’t eat baked goods every day, here is one of my most favorite muffin recipes of all time. Super rich. Moist and fluffy. Lightly spiced. Guaranteed to please.
These are HANDS DOWN the best muffins on my blog. They have been made countless times by myself and many. many readers. This my go-to muffin recipe, and I make them often for potlucks and gatherings.
I do hope they make it to your kitchen some day soon. You won’t be sorry you tried the recipe. And your people will be asking you to make them again and again. Make. Eat. Share!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I like this one)
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt (like this)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp allspice or cinnamon
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- a pinch of clove
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened) (like this)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (like this)
- ½ cup maple syrup OR honey
- 1–2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup raisins, soaked in water for 15 minutes and drained
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, spices, and coconut shreds
- In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and syrup. Add fresh ginger, grated carrot, and raisins.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Spoon batter into paper- lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes for mini muffins and 20-22 minutes for regular muffins.
- Cool and serve
Cinnamon can be used instead if you do not have allspice.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.