We eat a lot of food at our house. Seems like my kids are always hungry. And my favorite way to get nutrient-dense goodness into my kids is meatballs. It’s a rare day when I do not have a stock of meatballs of some sort in the freezer ready to go. Today I am sharing with you all my Asian-style Meatballs with Cilantro and Green Onion.
Meatballs are easy to make. You can use any kind of ground meat that you like. We prefer grass fed beef and bison. But you can use pork, chicken, or turkey as well. Remember that quality matters. I highly recommend sourcing local, grass fed and pastured meats when possible. It’s better for you, it’s better for the animal, and it’s better for our environments.
These little meatballs that I am sharing with you today are delicious. I’m a huge fan of teriyaki-flavored anything. But I do not eat soy. No worries because there is an amazing soy sauce alternative that is made from coconut. I am also smitten with ginger and cilantro. Can’t get enough of either one.
I like to double the batch and freeze some for later. They defrost quickly for an easy week night meal. I also like to simmer them in some homemade broth for an easy lunch. Meatballs are also my favorite on the go snack. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
- 1 TBS coconut aminos (like this) (a soy sauce alternative)
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS toasted sesame oil (like this)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 TBS green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400′F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and salt. Set aside.
- Place ground beef, egg, and coconut flour into large bowl. Mix well.
- Add prepared amino/honey mixture. Mix again to combine. (I use my hands here)
- Fold in cilantro and green onions.
- Roll into desired sized meatballs and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately OR allow to cool and freeze for later.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.