- 4 eggs (preferably from pastured chickens)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (or any other squash) (I used fresh baked but canned should be OK)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2– 1 tsp spices of choice (I used mix of cinnamon, allspice, and ginger but can try nutmeg or clove)
- butter, ghee, or coconut oil to cook pancakes in
- pinch of celtic sea salt (I use THIS one)
- OPTIONAL (for fluffier pancake)
- 2 TBS sifted coconut flour (like this) OR 3 TBS almond flour (like this)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- apple sauce, fruit or raw honey to serve with pancakes
- Whisk eggs and pumpkin puree.
- Add vanilla and spices.(add flour here if desired)
- Grease skillet with butter/ghee/coconut oil . Spoon pancake mixture onto pan.
- Once bubbles begin to form and edges are a bit dry, flip once to finish cooking pancake.
- Serve with apple sauce, fruit, or honey.
- Makes about 12 small pancakes
- For sweeter pancakes, you can add 1-2 TBS any liquid sweetener to batter, but it really doesn’t need it!!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.