Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies… because everyone needs a tried and true, super simple cookie recipe.
Happy December, friends!
It’s officially holiday cookie season, and I had grand plans to make all sorts of holiday themed cookies. But as some of you may know from following me on INSTAGRAM, our family is in the final stages of our new home build, and things are feeling a bit CRAZY BUSY.
So I decided to stress bake. And I made the easiest cookie recipe that I have because almost everything I own is in boxes, and I wouldn’t even know where to look for my holiday-shaped cookie cutters. I can barely find a pair of clean sock right now.
But lucky for me, these flourless peanut butter cookies only require four simple ingredient – things that you probably already have in your kitchen. Peanut butter. Coconut sugar. Egg. And baking soda. That’s it. Easiest cookie recipe EVER!
Just look at these delicious little beauties. Crispy on the outside. Soft and chewy on the inside. A nice balance of salty and sweet (especially when I sprinkle on a bit of coarse salt on top.) And super peanut buttery. The perfect cookie.
And the perfect thing to make if you are stress baking like me.
- I recommend using a mixer to mix the dough instead of hand mixing. Makes the texture so nice.
- You can use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter. It’s a total personal preference. The texture will be determined by the type of peanut butter you use. I prefer a softer, smoother peanut butter versus thick, dry peanut butter. Whatever peanut butter you use, it will totally work.
- If your peanut butter is super runny and your dough seems super soft and sticky, simply pop the baking tray in the freezer for 15 minutes after you scoop your dough balls on. They will be easier to roll into balls once chilled.
- And yes, you can substitute any type of dry sugar that you like. I just prefer coconut sugar because it’s a real food ingredient and has a lower glycemic index than traditional sugar.
- And yes, you can substitute other nut butters for the peanut butter. Almond butter and sunflower seed butter work great.
Hope you are all having a cozy and peaceful December.
Easiest peanut butter cookie ever. 4 ingredients. Gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together peanut butter and coconut sugar. Add in egg and baking soda and mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a fork to lightly flatten and to create a criss cross pattern. Sprinkle optional coarse salt on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. ENJOY!
CLICK HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.