There is nothing like a warm, sweet, juicy peach in the summer time. Our beautiful little peach tree has showered us with abundance this year. Here’s a little something I whipped up from our fresh summer peaches: Grain Free Peach Muffins.
My little one and I have been watching the peaches for the past month. It’s fun to watch them grow and change colors. We have been hoping that they are ready in time for her birthday. And lucky for us, they were.
I love to celebrate birthdays. It’s just another reason I get to shower the ones I love with delicious goodies from my kitchen. My sweet Pearl turned three this past weekend, and instead of a cake, she wanted muffins at her party. What we decided on was my strawberry banana muffins and peach muffins.
These little peach muffins were fun to make. I love the juicy mess a perfect peach makes as you cut into it. I used to think that you could only get good peaches in the South because I had never really had a perfect peach in California. But I was wrong. There is nothing like a homegrown peach fed on sunshine and love. We are blessed.
Deliciously sweet and perfectly moist, these little muffins turned out perfectly. I actually made 2 variations: one with all coconut flour and one with all blanched almond flour. They both turned out beautifully. I prefer the coconut flour ones, and my sweetie prefers the almond flour ones. Sweet Pearl liked them both. The coconut flour muffins will be a bit more dense.
Served with homemade dairy free blueberry ice cream, these muffins were a hit. It feels good to offer wholesome, real food treats that everyone can enjoy. Hope you enjoy them.
- Preheat oven to 350'F and line muffin tin with unbleached muffin liners.
- Combine coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee/coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add dry to wet and mix again until thoroughly combined. Fold in 1 cup of diced peaches.
- Divide mixture evenly among 9 muffin liners. Sprinkle remaining diced peaches on top of each muffin to make them pretty.
- Bake 25-27 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean and muffins are golden.