This is for all you taco lovers….
This recipe is taco meets food prep meets quick and easy meets damn delicious. If you’re a fan of tacos (I mean , who isn’t?) then this recipe is for you.
Whether you are meal prepping for the week, planning a fun Sunday brunch, or just want to feed a crowd, egg muffins are definitely the way to go. They are easy to make, low carb, and very filling. And they’re always a crowd pleaser. I also LOVE egg muffins for a quick grab and go snack.
We eat a lot of eggs. By that I mean, we eat eggs pretty much every day. My favorite breakfast is Easy Poached Eggs over veggies. I’ll often whip up a batch of Bacon and Egg Muffins for the week. And if I’m feeling a little sweetness, I whip up a little egg-filled Dutch baby to satisfy my cravings. This recipe is perfect if your egg game is strong like ours.
I love this taco egg muffin recipe so much because it’s a great way to please everyone. You get 3 recipes in 1, and it’s super versatile. The base is seasoned ground meat and eggs. I’ve created 3 different flavor combos all centered around the things I love about tacos:
- Olive, Red Pepper, and Spinach
- Chile and Cheese
- Tomato Cilantro
So easy. And so fun. And perfect for everyone since they are gluten free, paleo (minus the cheese) , and keto.
And you can smother them with all of your favorite taco toppings to make them even more fabulous. My suggestions would be avocado, salsa, cilantro, or even sour cream, if that’s your jam.
Fluffy, flavorful, and full of real food goodness. You really can’t go wrong. Kinda like a taco party in your mouth. Enjoy!
P.S. You’ll notice that the recipe says to LIBERALLY oil your muffin tin. Trust me, you will want to do this when making egg muffins (unless you like scrubbing and scraping like crazy!) Another option is to use silicone muffin liners, which work great. I like to lightly oil my liners as well for easy clean up.
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1/2 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 2 tsp taco seasoning (like this)
- 2 tbsp water
- 9 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
OLIVE, RED PEPPER, AND SPINACH
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp black olives, sliced
CHILE AND CHEESE
- 4 tsp mild green chiles, chopped (I use THIS brand in a can)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease 12 cavity muffin tin OR use silicone muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter/ghee and add ground meat. Saute until completely browned. Add taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for another few minutes until water is cooked off. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 9 eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide cooked seasoned meat evenly into bottom of the 12 muffin cups (about 2 tablespoons per cup.) Then divide the 3 egg muffin flavor ingredients into 4 muffin cups each. Ladle whipped eggs over top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until eggs are set and golden. Allow to cool slightly then remove gently by running a butter knife around to loosen. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to 4 days.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.