Banana “ice cream” has been our dessert of choice lately. It’s so easy to whip up in the food processor in just minutes. It’s dairy-free. It’s super yummy. And with no added sugars, I can feel good about serving it to my kids whenever they want it. There is something about the way I feel when I see my little one enjoying a healthy treat that I made for her.
Today’s version is Strawberry Coco-Banana.
Strawberry Coco-Banana Ice Cream (dairy-free)
- Yield: 2
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 TBS full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- 1 TBS coconut oil (like this)
- shredded coconut (like this), unsweetened
- Puree bananas, coconut oil, and 2 TBS coconut milk in food processor until creamy smooth
- Add strawberries and process until well combined and desired consistency (add more coconut milk if needed)
- Serve immediately or store in freezer
Slicing bananas into small pieces before freezing will make processing them easier. For best results, defrost bananas for 5-10 minutes before processing And if you store in freezer for later, let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.