Next level banana bread. Soft, moist, and exploding with fresh strawberry flavor.
This is hands down the best smelling thing I have ever baked. Seriously! I want to eat this strawberry banana bread EVERY day.
Image the sweet smell of warm strawberries mixed with your favorite banana bread (it smells like warm strawberry jam) drifting from the oven. You take out the loaf and let it cool for a minute, then you slice and eat. This, my friends, is baking heaven.
Nothing screams summer like fresh strawberries. And we have been loading up on them every week at the local Farmer’s Market. In an attempt to reduce and eliminate the amount of plastic we use in the kitchen (ugghh! it’s everywhere!!), we’ve been avoiding the grocery store strawberries, which come in plastic containers. Plus fresh, local, organic strawberries just taste better.
And I’m figuring out how to store my produce in the fridge without plastic as well. It’s working out really well. Basically, I have been putting my produce in large glass jars – both quart-sized and half gallon-sized. And you know what? It’s staying fresh way longer than when I was using plastic produce bags.
And for greens and lettuce, I got this awesome french terry cloth bag that keeps greens fresh for over a week. I put a head of kale and romaine in the bag to test it, and after a week, both were fresher than when I bought them. Score! Check out the reusable cotton produce bag HERE.
OK… let’s talk strawberry banana bread.
The recipe is quite simple. Just mix and go. It’s fluffy, soft, and extra moist from all of the that banana and strawberry goodness. I used high-protein almond flour to make it both gluten and grain free and to give it a nutrient-dense boost. And no added sweeteners at all. None at all. The banana and strawberries give it the most wonderful, naturally sweet flavor.
I can’t even begin to describe to you the wonderful aroma that will pour out of your oven if you bake this. People in my household were lured to the kitchen wondering what the amazing smell was. Definitely a big hit with the fam.
I really wish that you could smell this right now. There really are not words. I highly recommend that you get yourself to the Farmer’s Market this week to grab the freshest strawberries that you can find. What are you waiting for?
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use THIS extra fine brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas (about 1 and 1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- 1 and 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped and tossed in 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease an 8×5 (or 9×5) loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mash bananas and whisk in eggs, fat of choice, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix only until incorporated. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto rack to finish cooling. Slice and enjoy!
- This can also be made in an 8×8 square pan.
- Be sure to toss strawberries in a bit of arrowroot powder to keep them from all sinking to bottom of loaf.
- I find that quick breads turn out lighter and fluffier if you don’t over mix. Gently combine ingredients until well incorporated.
- Covering with aluminum foil 35 minutes into baking keeps the top from over-browning. Almond flour gets super dark very quickly.
Keywords: banan bread, starwberry banana bread, gluten free banana bread
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Love banana bread?
Check out my gluten + grain free One Bowl Banana Bread
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.