I made a simple cozy breakfast for you.
I’ve mentioned before that breakfast is my most fav meal of the day. I feel like feeding myself well in the morning sets me up to have an awesome rest of the day. Plus I tend to take my time in the mornings after Little One goes to school. Self-care and good eating are top priorities while I’m on my healing path.
I went through a little waffle phase after I got my new waffle maker. Savory sweet potato waffles have been on repeat since December. I’ve been freezing them and popping them in the toaster oven in the mornings with my poached eggs. So good. And so easy.
I’ve also been making a super simple breakfast that I wanted to share with you today. We tend to have a lot of leftover cooked sweet potatoes around here, so in the mornings I’ve been serving them for breakfast. I’ve decided that a warm and comfy bowl of creamy sweet potatoes loaded with all the good things = breakfast heaven.
Some of the best things in life are the most simple things. This Simple Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl falls into that category. With very little effort, you can fuel yourself with a bowl of nutrient-dense goodness. Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. And you can load it up with anything that makes you happy.
Here’s a list of my fav ways to power up my sweet potato breakfast bowl:
- nut or seed butters (THIS is my current fav)
- collagen peptides – a half scoop of THIS vanilla-flavored one has 9 grams of protein.
- pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- chia or hemp seeds
- toasted pecans (because they taste amazing!)
- blueberries (because antioxidants!)
- poached eggs ( see how I poach my eggs HERE)
Because I’m a creature of habit, I’m guessing that this breakfast bowl will be on repeat until I’m on to the next thing. If you’re looking for me, you know where I’ll be: sitting at home, having a slow morning, cozying up to a bowl of warm, delicious goodness.
Big love to you all. We are in this thing called life together. We might as well celebrate it.
Simple Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked until very fork tender (* see note)
- 1/4 cup milk of any kind (I used THIS)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder (like this)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla collagen peptides (like this)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup OR half of a ripe banana
- Warm sweet potato (if not already warm) in toaster oven or by lightly steaming it.
- Place peeled sweet potato, milk, and cinnamon into food processor. Puree until creamy smooth. Add optional collagen peptides and/or sweetener, if desired.
- Add whatever toppings make you happy. Serve warm or room temperature.
* If you don’t have already cooked sweet potatoes, simply bake whole sweet potatoes at 400’F until very tender. I like to bake mine in my dutch oven as they get nice and soft. But you can just bake them whole on a baking sheet as well. Just rinse them, poke them with a fork a couple of times, and bake.
** I find the sweet potato to be plenty sweet on it’s own. If you want to add a bit of extra sweetness, you can add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup of half of a very ripe banana.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.