Looking for a fast and satisfying dinner idea? Meet salmon burgers. So quick and easy, you’ll want to make them again and again. Ready in just 20 minutes.
OK, friends…. summer is just around the corner, and after the long, wet winter we had here in Northern California, I’m ready to get outside and have some summer fun.
That means I want to spend as little time as possible in front of a hot stove cooking meals for my family. That’s where super fast and easy dinner recipes come in.
Did you know that you can whip up a batch of crispy on the outside, tender on the inside salmon burgers in just 20 minutes? Now that’s my kind of dinner.
Here’s the deets:
- canned salmon… I recommend using only sustainably-caught wild salmon. It may cost a bit more but is so much healthier. If it says “Atlantic salmon”, it is most likely farmed.
- protein-rich… not only is salmon full of healthy omega-3 fats, it’s also loaded with protein. Each salmon burger has about 20 grams of protein.
- pan-fried…. so that they are perfectly crispy on the outside and moist and delicious on the inside.
- fresh herbs… I’m all about the fresh flavor of fresh herbs. They are the secret ingredient to making my recipes POP. I use a combo of dill and parsley for my salmon burgers, but feel free to use cilantro or basil instead.
- lemon… a squeeze of lemon juice and bit of zest brighten up the flavor profile.
- avocado aioli… because condiments make everything better. Think avo + mayo + lime + garlic + cilantro. YUM!
- all the extras… I like to serve burgers over crisp butter leaf lettuce and arugula. Try some pickled red onions as well. Trust me.
This recipe is an absolute favorite in our house. I love it because it’s no-fuss and crazy simple. Hubby loves it because of all the different flavors from the fresh herbs, garlic, lemon, and pickled onions. Little One is all about the aioli. What is it with kids and dips?
I have a feeling you’ll love these as much as we do. So flavorful and tasty. Just a few simple ingredients. Simply the BEST for a quick and easy protein rich lunch or dinner.
PRO TIP: serve these bad boys with some crispy sweet potato fries. Your people will love you.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
- 2 cans canned salmon – drained (6 oz. cans) (I use THIS sustainably-caught brand)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 2 fresh cloves, crushed)
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs – finely chopped (dill, parsley, basil, and/or cilantro)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup almond flour (I use THIS brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee or avocado oil for cooking
- butter lettuce, arugula, and pickled red onions for serving (recipe for easy pickled red onions HERE)
FOR AVOCADO AIOLI
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise (I like THIS one)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine salmon, eggs, garlic powder, fresh herbs, lemon juice, lemon zest, almond flour, salt, and pepper until well incorporated.
- Form 4 patties and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking fat. Once pan is nice and hot, gently add salmon burgers and turn heat down to medium. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden on bottom. Flip and cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked all the way through and golden.
- While burgers cook, prepare avocado aioli by processing all aioli ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy smooth.
- Serve salmon burgers over crisp butter lettuce and arugula. Top with avocado aioli. Maybe add some pickled red onions. Enjoy!
Keywords: salmon burgers
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.