WooHoo! It’s pumpkin season again, and I’m celebrating with a new muffin recipe.
I’m a total summer time girl, but I have to admit that I’m a little excited that baking season is happening again. I forget how much I love to bake because I barely turn on the oven in the hot summer months. But I’m back at it and kicking off the season with a little muffin love for you all.
I’ve made 3 dozen muffins in the past 24 hours trying to get it just right. No one around here seems to be complaining because we have all been stuffing our faces with moist, delicious pumpkin goodness.
Attempt #3 is definitely the winner. The last 2 were OK but not totally pretty like I like my food. I added a fun little apple topping that sealed deal.
These muffins embody everything you could ask for in a fall time treat:
Easy: Because school is back in session and life is back to being full and busy. Muffins are simple to throw together, they are great as a make ahead breakfast, and they pack easily for an on the go snack. You can also freeze them for later.
Cozy: Who doesn’t love the smell of sweet, cinnamony goodness from the oven on a cool day? These lightly spiced muffins just scream Autumn with all of that pumpkin and apple deliciousness. And that sweet apple topping! It’s pure perfection.
Good for You: With all of the protein rich almond flour and eggs, plus pumpkin and apples, you can feel good about indulging in a couple of these muffins. No gluten, grains, or refined sugars. Only real food ingredients.
OK, clearly I am in love with these muffins. And I may have eaten WAY more than my fair share. But I do hope that you get inspired to make them. They are a total crowd pleaser (ask anyone in my household!).
Happy Fall, lovely people!
Pumpkin Apple Muffins (gluten free and paleo)
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 large muffins
- 1/2 cup diced apple (1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour (I use THIS fine,blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced apple (1/4 inch cubes)
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, ghee, or butter – melted
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Prepare topping by combining 1/2 cup cubed apple with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix in 1 cup of chopped apples.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, melted fat of choice, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet to dry and mix until thoroughly combined. Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cup. Tap muffin tin onto counter to get batter to settle evenly. Sprinkle apple/cinnamon topping over each muffin.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, until golden and firm to touch in the center. Cool on baking rack. Enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.