Going to a picnic or a potluck this summer? Need a healthy, nutritious meal to take with you? My family loves these Lemon Basil Chicken Drumsticks. They pack away nicely to take to the beach, to the park, or any fun outdoor event you may be going to.
The secret to these delicious drumsticks is a long marinade. Make the marinade the day before and allow the chicken pieces to soak up all the goodness for as long as possible in the fridge. No need to heat up the house on a hot summer day. Fire up the backyard barbeque, and you are all set to go. You will be amazed at how flavorful and tender these drumsticks are.Print
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, like salad dressing.
- Pat chicken drumstick dry with paper towel and place into shallow baking dish. Pour marinade on top, toss to evenly coat, cover, and place in fridge to marinate. (I let mine marinate for 24 hours usually but overnight is fine)
- Pre-heat barbeque. Clean the grill well before cooking drumsticks and oil if necessary.
- Arrange marinaded drumsticks on BBQ, turn heat down to medium, and close cover.
- Flip drumsticks every 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked. (Mine usually take around 30-35 minutes, depending on how hot my grill is. Always be sure that the chicken reaches AT LEAST 165’F. I usually cook mine a bit hotter as my family like their chicken WELL done.)
- Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving OR cool completely before packing away for your outdoor adventure.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.