Need an easy dinner idea that the whole family will love? These easy Pesto Meatballs are a breeze to throw together and are guaranteed to be a hit.
Who doesn’t love pesto? And with the warmer months upon us, basil is back in season. We had a small gathering at our house last week, and I needed an easy dish to serve that would be kid-friendly. I decide to use what I had in the fridge, and this is what I came up with:
Meatballs are easy to make. They are super nutrient-dense. And they are a crowd-pleaser. I made a huge platter of these Pesto Meatballs for our party, and they were all gone before I knew it. Awesome! I love positive feedback on my recipes!
Love to have food ready to go in the freezer? These meatballs freeze well and can be easily defrosted for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Next time I am going to make a double batch for sure.
I used a combination of beef and pork because that’s what I had. Feel free to use any ground meat that you like. I think that you and your family are really going to like these.Print
- Preheat oven to 400’F and line baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper (like this).
- TO MAKE PESTO: In a food processor, process basil leaves until completely broken up. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fat of choice and continue to process until well incorporated and smooth.
- Mix ground beef and eggs together in a large bowl. Add basil pesto and mix again. I just get in there with my hands.
- Form into small balls and place onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until cooked all the way through and starting to brown.
- Enjoy! To freeze for later, freeze in single layers then place into airtight container.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.