I’m going crazy with pumpkins this year. If you could see the HUGE pile of pumpkins we harvested from the garden, you would know why. Plus I LOVE anything with pumpkin in it. Today I had a craving for something a little sweet, so this is what I came up with: No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Bites.
It’s no secret that I love tiny little treats. They are so cute and fun to eat. Plus, I get to eat more of them. Somehow that is more satisfying to me. A while back, I made Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Cups. My family goes crazy for those. This is my attempt at yet another tiny little delight. Did I mention that they are dairy, refined sugar, and grain free? And loaded with antioxidant and nutrient-dense pumpkin? Don’t you just love treats that are good for you? Another reason to eat a few more.
I hope that you are all having a beautiful fall. Change of season can be hard on the body, so remember to slow down a bit and take good care of yourself. Read more HERE about some tips for staying healthy this fall. Here’s a little peak into what we have been up to his fall:
No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Bites (grain and dairy free)
- Yield: 24 mini cups
- 1 cup hazelnuts (preferably soaked and dehydrated for better digestion)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (preferably soaked and dehydrated for better digestion)
- 8 dates (like these), pitted
- 1 TBS coconut oil (like this)
- 1 TBS REAL maple syrup or RAW honey (like this)
- 2 pinches of celtic sea salt (I use THIS ONE)
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (like this)
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS REAL maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp allspice (like this)
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
FOR CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
To Make the crust
- Line mini muffin tins with unbleached mini paper liners (like these). Process all crust ingredients in a food processor until well combined and resembles a coarse flour. Spoon 1 and 1/2 tsp of mixture into each of the 24 mini cups. Use your thumb to press down mixture firmly to create a solid bottom layer for these cute little yummies. Place in freezer to harden.
To make filling
- Melt coconut butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add rest of filling ingredients. Go ahead and mix it up real good here until creamy smooth. Remove crusts from freezer and spoon about 3/4 TBS of filling over your prepared crusts. Return to freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.
To make chocolate drizzle
- Once mini bites have hardened, gently melt coconut butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add rest of drizzle ingredients. Allow to cool slightly to thicken. Pour into small plastic bag, cut a TINY hole in the corner, and drizzle over treats in any fashion that you want.
- Now it’s time to enjoy these amazing delights. Store leftovers in freezer as they are best cold. (That is, if there are any leftovers. Ours got dusted off in one day.)