I found cherries at the Farmer’s Market!
And you know what that means? SUMMER IS COMING!!!! And you know what that means, right? Summer fruit!!!!!
Summer fruit is the stuff my dessert dreams are made of. Berries, cherries, peaches, apricots. I love it all. And I’m kicking off summer fruit season with this decadent and super simple NO BAKE cherry chocolate tart.
With summer comes all the gatherings, potlucks, and warm summer dinners. It’s always nice to have an easy breezy dessert recipe that can just be thrown together without heating up the kitchen. This chocolate tart has just a few ingredients and can be whipped up in about 15 minutes (half of that time being used to pit the cherries.) It’s versatile so you can use what you have on hand (read my suggestions below.) It does require a bit of time to set in the fridge, so I usually just make it the night before.
Why I love this no bake chocolate tart:
….the crust. A simple crust made with toasted hazelnuts, cacao (or cocoa) powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil adds just the right amount of texture to this velvety tart. Think nutella-flavored!! Feel free to use almond, walnuts, or pecans if that’s what you have.
….the filling. A rich, decadent, smooth, ganache-type filling made with 4 simple ingredients that takes just minutes to prepare. I like to use good quality dark chocolate bars for my filling, but you can use any bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips that you have on hand. You get to choose the sweetness factor of this tart by the chocolate that you choose.
….the cherries. My love of cherries is real. What could be better than sweet, juicy, ripe cherries on top of a chocolate tart? Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries work as well.(Be sure to check out the video below to see how to pit a cherry the easy way. No cherry pitter needed. )
Do you need any more reasons to
walk run RIGHT NOW to your kitchen to make this tart?
Happy Almost Summer!
P.S. Want to know how to EASILY pit a cherry? Watch the video below.
No Bake Chocolate Tart with Fresh Cherries (gluten free, paleo, and vegan)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: one 9 inch tart
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- 2 cups lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (I use THIS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I use THIS or THIS) **see note
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 pound fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- extra toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- To make crust, lightly grease 9 inch tart pan with coconut oil. Process hazelnuts, cacao powder, and salt in food processor until resembles a coarse flour. Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil and pulse until well incorporated. Press mixture into tart pan with removable bottom. Set aside.
- To make filling, coarsely chop chocolate and place into a large glass bowl. Bring coconut milk to a gentle simmer and pour over chopped chocolate. Wait one minute, add vanilla extract and pinch of salt, and then stir mixture until creamy smooth. Pour mixture evenly into prepared tart crust.
- Place tart of fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Arrange fresh cherries over top just before serving. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in fridge, tightly covered.
- I like to use good quality dark chocolate bars for my filling, but you can use any bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips that you have on hand. You get to choose the sweetness factor of this tart by the chocolate that you choose.
- Toasting the hazelnuts for the crust really brings out the flavor. I highly recommend doing so. Feel free to use toasted almond, walnuts, or pecans if that’s what you have.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.