Confession time: I may have had to make these donuts twice because I didn’t have the patience to wait until morning to take my photos. I couldn’t resist. Can’t say that I have been much of a donut eater in my life, but after making these Grain Free Maple Glazed Donuts, I’m hooked.
These wildly delicious creations are my first attempt at making donuts EVER. On an impulse, I ordered a donut pan online. I figured I had seen enough donut recipes on PINTEREST that it was time to give it a shot.
Oh my goodness! I had no idea. Making donuts is super easy. Dangerously easy.
A little protein rich almond flour, a titch of coconut flour, some fresh from the farm pastured eggs, and coconut milk. It was all coming together. Add a little sweetener, and now you’re talking.
You can use either coconut oil or ghee. I personally prefer the ghee. But the coconut oil is heavenly as well.
Oh, and the glaze. I’m not even going to tell you how mouth-watering the glaze is. Like I said, dangerously easy!
Now I’m definitely going to have to get that mini donut pan I was eye-balling.Print
Maple Glaze Donuts (grain, gluten and refined sugar free, paleo)
- Yield: 6 donuts
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour (like this)
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBS full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 4 TBS real maple syrup (or honey)
- 4 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR MAPLE GLAZE:
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Lightly grease your donut pan (like this) with ghee or coconut oil
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Place the batter in a piping bag (like this) or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1/2-inch opening
- Fill each cavity in donut pan 3/4 full. Give the pan a little shake or two to let the batter settle.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then tip over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
To make glaze:
- Place all glaze ingredients into high speed blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more water a tiny bit at a time if it’s too thick to pour. Pour into shallow bowl. Dip each donut into glaze with a twisting motion to let extra run back into bowl. Place back onto cooling rack.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
Are you a fan of donuts? Have you ever made your own?
MORE GRAIN FREE DONUT RECIPES:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.