Some people say that when you have lemons, you should make lemonade. Not me! I make lemon curd. So here’s my simple recipe for Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Berries.
My daughter’s great grandmother gifted us a HUGE bag of lemons from her lemon tree the other day. It is such a blessing to have wonderful, wise people in the lives of our little ones. So much to learn from folks who have walked this earth for so many years.
We brought the lemons home and have been enjoying all sorts of lemon treats. Honey lemonade, lemon popsicles, and lemonade spritzers. And today I decided to make my super easy lemon curd.
That idea grew as I thought of new recipes that I could share with you all. I realized that I have never shared my simple recipe for Lemon Curd Tart. It’s a beautiful dessert that makes people assume that you spent hours in the kitchen preparing it.
Have you tried my lemon curd recipe? It’s tangy and sweet and tastes delicious just by itself. Sometimes I like to get fancy and pour it into a grain free tart crust. And since it it berry season, why not throw some fresh berries on top? Isn’t it pretty?
I’m excited to share this recipe with you. It’s perfect for a summer gathering or dinner party. I hope you get a chance to try it!
Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Berries
- Yield: one 9 inch tart
- Prepare lemon curd and place in fridge to thicken. This can be done 1-3 days in advance, but allow at least 4 hours.
- To make crust: Preheat oven to 350’F. Place almond flour, arrowroot, and salt in food processor. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add whisked egg, honey/maple syrup, and ghee/coconut oil. Pulse again several times until mixture starts to form a ball and sticks together.
- Press this dough into a 9 inch tart pan, making sure to build up the sides nicely. Prick holes in the bottom of the crust with a fork to prevent the crust from rising up.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until just beginning to get golden. Allow to cool completely.
- To assemble tart: Remove lemon curd from fridge and stir to remove any lumps. Spread curd evenly over the bottom of the cooled crust. Arrange your favorite fresh berries on top. Serve and enjoy!