Easy Easy Easy! With only 10 minutes of prep time, this simple sheet pan chicken dinner will change the way you look at dinner!
It’s no secret that I am all about the easy-to-make meals these days. Life is full, but I still want to eat healthy delicious food. I am always trying to find creative ways to get dinner on the table with the least amount of effort. Anyone else feel me on that one?
Sheet pan dinners are nothing new. I’ve been making them even before I knew what they were called. I love that they are actually a “thing” now. And I love the idea of cooking an entire meal on a single sheet pan. Brilliant! The absolute best thing about sheet dinners is that because they require only one pan, clean up is a snap.
Today I am sharing with you my absolute fav sheet pan chicken dinner. Like I said, it requires only 10 minutes of prep time. And it’s deeply nutritious, positively delicious, and stunning to look at. Plus you are using just a few basic real food ingredients, which makes it easy on the pocketbook as well. Whip this up for you next family dinner, and your fam will totally impressed.
What I love best about this sheet pan chicken dinner is all the beautiful colors.
Deeply roasted rainbow carrots, sweet potatoes, winter squash, and green beans come together with juicy dark meat chicken to make a complete meal that feed 4-5 adults. I have a feeling that this will quickly become one of your family favs as well.
So, go ahead. Give it a try. You will soon learn how affordable, easy, and delicious sheet pan chicken can be. Enjoy!
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- several grounds of fresh pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 1 delicata or acorn squash, cut in half, seeded, and sliced into half rounds
- 4-5 small rainbow carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4-6 chicken thighs and legs, bone-in and skin on
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves pulled off stem
- 2 sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Combine melted fat, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread prepared vegetables onto sheet pan. Drizzle half of butter/ghee mixture on top and using your hands, toss to coat vegetables thoroughly. Spread vegetables evenly across sheet pan as single layer as possible.
- Nest chicken among the vegetables, drizzle remaining butter/ghee mixture over chciken and massage to coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs all over chicken and vegetables and place into oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. (I like to toss vegetables half way through and baste chicken thighs with the juices in the pan. This is not necessary but makes it even better.)
– Melted butter or ghee is my fat of choice for roasting vegetables. I prefer to only use olive oil for cold recipes. You can read more about that HERE. But feel free to use any fat that makes you happy.
– I prefer to use a full size sheet pan for this recipe to ensure that it all fits nicely. I have used one like THIS for years.