Full of pumpkin and loaded with all the warm and cozy spices, these super simple chocolate chip pumpkin bars are everything I love about fall. ?
Y’all know that I’m a summer girl through and through. The only thing that makes the transition to cooler weather more bearable is PUMPKIN SEASON. And I’m kicking it off with an easy peasy recipe I think y’all are gonna LOVE. ❤️
I’m not shy with my pumpkin recipes here on the blog. And from tracking my statistics over the years, I know I’m not the only pumpkin lover out there. This time of year, my pumpkin recipes get a lot of traction on the web. Some all-time gluten free pumpkin favs are:
And since baking helps me get over the sadness of summer being over, I’m adding another healthy, gluten free, and paleo pumpkin dessert to the list today: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars.
Here’s the recipe deets:
pumpkin… I use organic, canned pumpkin for this recipe, but feel free to use fresh, cooked pumpkin puree. Just be sure to drain it well so it’s not too watery.
pumpkin pie spice… gives us all the warm and cozy fall feels. I like Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice or you can make your own. I’ll post the recipe below.
almond butter… gives an amazingly “fudgey” and moist texture to baked goods.
almond flour… I use a fine blanched almond flour that is perfect for gluten free baking.
coconut sugar… has the perfect “brown sugar” flavor that goes so well with fall time treats.
your favorite baking fat… I recommend ghee, butter, or coconut oil. I’m curious to know if folks are baking with avocado oil. I haven’t tried it yet myself.
Plus one eggs, baking soda, and salt.
That’s it. All simple real food ingredients. Things you can feel good about eating. There’s some healthy fats and protein in there. If you’re gonna eat a treat, might as well make it a bit healthier. Am I right? ?
So I’m just gonna say it: these little pumpkin bars are ridiculously good. They’re moist, ooey gooey, (is that a real word?) and perfectly spiced for fall. I made a few batches and got rav reviews from all of my test tasters. I think this recipe is a total keeper.
Hope you get a chance to try them.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
Full of pumpkin and loaded with all the warm and cozy spices, these super simple chocolate chip pumpkin bars are everything I love about fall. Gluten free. Paleo.
- 1 cup almond flour (I Use THIS fine, blanched brand)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (THIS is my fav brand))
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1/4 cup ghee, butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of chocolate chips (like THIS or THIS)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond butter, pumpkin puree, fat of choice, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add almond flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until firm in center and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before lifting out of baking pan and cutting into squares.
I like Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice or you can make your own: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon clove powder. Use 1 tablespoon of this mixture for this recipe.
Keywords: pumpkin bars
CLICK HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.