These Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs are fool proof, kid-approved, and so easy. You will want to make them on the regular.
You guys know I’m all about saving time in the kitchen. I want to get meals on the table with minimal fuss, and I LOVE LOVE recipes that everyone will eat. This Crispy Chicken Thigh recipe is the bomb because it’s like a chameleon. It goes well with just about anything. Serve it with any sides that you like. And add any seasoning blend that makes you happy. The end result is a fabulously easy chicken dish that is basically hands off and seriously delish.
With just 5 minutes of prep, you can pop these little babies in the oven and sit back and let the oven do the work. I usually serve them with mashed cauliflower OR my famous honey sesame sweet potatoes AND a big, green salad. Or you can serve them with easy greens and butternut squash noodles.
And I love recipes that can be eaten by just about anyone who comes to your table. These chicken thighs fit into almost everyone’s food preferences: gluten free, grain free, paleo, and Whole30. And they are a total crowd pleaser.
You’ll notice that I use my baking/cooling rack nested on top of a baking sheet to make these crispy baked chicken thighs. This helps the chicken stay nice and crispy. Don’t have one? No worries. You can just bake the chicken thighs in a glass baking dish. They will still come out amazing.
Have a sweet rest of your day!
- 6–8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or fat of choice, melted (I use THIS)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (I used rosemary and thyme) OR 1 tsp of your favorite seasoning blend
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400’F. Place a baking rack on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine melted fat of choice, salt, garlic, and herbs (or seasoning blend) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pat each chicken thigh dry with a paper towel. Cut off excess skin hanging off – but not too much as skin will shrink with baking. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour herb mixture over chicken and toss to coat. Place chicken thighs single layer on prepared rack/pan. Sprinkle with several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until crispy and golden. Serve and enjoy.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.