I have a little confession: I, Anne Marie Garland, have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I love when my husband James does it for me; I hate when I have to do it for myself.
Now you know my secret. If you follow me on Instagram and see me post an image of a well plated dish, or a big bowl of leftovers alongside a morning cup of coffee, well… I probably made the coffee, and James is to thank for the rest.
This leads me to my next confession: I LOVE sausage (how’s that for a statement).
Not just any sausage, specifically this love extends to the Coleman Natural brand of Polish Kielbasa. If it weren’t for James doing all the cooking (and me knowing the merits of a variety rich and nutrient dense diet), I would be eating it every single meal, every single day. It’s fatty, slightly sweet, and salty. In short, this Polish kielbasa is incredibly tantalizing.
When planning this recipe to share with you, I sought out to create a dish that was:
- enticing enough to be loved by everyone.
- simple enough to made by those who “don’t cook”.
- going to get better with a bit of age – in other words, it’s better as leftovers then it was the day you cooked it!
- Body By Butter approved (my free 2 week detox).
This spaghetti squash recipe touches all the senses, even the hard to reach umami one. Don’t miss it!
Creamy Teriyaki Spaghetti Squash Salad
- Yield: 4
- 1 medium sized cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 Polish Kielbasa from Coleman Natural (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (like this)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch green onion (chopped)
- 1 cup red cabbage (sliced)
- 1/4 cup homemade mayo (substitute ¼ cup full fat coconut milk + 1 tsp sea salt + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar for AIP & Vegan option)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Secret Teriyaki Sauce (where to buy)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cook spaghetti squash according to these instructions. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook thinly sliced kielbasa on the skillet flipping once mid way through. This kielbasa is fully cooked, so we’re just wanting to get a bit of color on each side.
- While the kielbasa is cooking, chop the cilantro and green onion and slice the red cabbage. Toss with spaghetti squash “noodles”.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the mayo mix into the spaghetti squash mix and stir until the mayo is well incorporated. Let sit for at least 20 minutes or overnight for the flavors to combine.
- Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh, chopped cilantro prior to serving.
Psst… you can find more Body By Butter Detox Approved dishes in our free ebook. Get your copy here.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Anne Marie Garland is a Certified Integrative Health Coach with a focus on incorporating the wisdom and functionality of ancestral diets into modern day nutrition. As co-founder of Grass Fed Salsa, a health coaching business and blog catered to clients looking to lose weight as well as to manage autoimmune conditions, Anne Marie’s passion for food, balance, & wellness drives her on her quest to help her clients achieve their health and fitness goals.