Creamy strawberry poppyseed dressing for the summer win! Meet my current obsession.
Summer is for eating tons and tons of salad. Fresh, crispy lettuce with all the summer salad fixings. Cool cucumbers, long shaved strips of carrots, sprouts of all kinds, fresh snap peas, grated beets, and juicy tomatoes. Oh, and don’t forget about the berries. I love love sweet summer berries in my salad this time of year. Hopefully you got a chance to try my Berry Avocado Chicken Salad.
But you can’t have a decent salad without a fabulous dressing. And IMHO, the only way to go with fabulous dressings is homemade. I have several different homemade dressings that we keep on a regular rotation. My personal all around favorite is my Creamy Turmeric Dressing. The fam prefers the Creamy Green Goddess Dressing and my super easy Ranch Dressing. And now I have a new fav: Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing.
It’s creamy, rich and bursting with summer strawberry flavor. It goes perfectly with crispy, crunchy summer lettuces and all the wonderful things you love to pile on top.
It’s made with just a few basic ingredients:
- a good quality mayonnaise
- olive oil
- milk of any kind
- apple cider vinegar and lemon
- poppy seeds
That’s it. Super simple. Super summery and delicious.
I love the tangy quality that a good homemade mayo (or healthy store-bought) gives to dressings. But if you prefer a lighter dressing, you can use any yogurt that you like. Be sure to add a bit less milk as the dressing will be a bit thinner.
Keeping the fridge stocked with tasty condiments is my best kitchen hack for summer. I just make tons of fresh salads with a simple protein and drizzle it all with whatever amazing dressing I happen to make that week. It keeps things interesting. It saves me time. And it adds a ton of flavor to any meal.
Oh, creamy strawberry poppyseed dressing, you make my summer salad dreams come true.
Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing (dairy free)
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: about 1 cup
- Category: condiments
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (homemade or like THIS with healthy oils)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (THIS is my fav organic brand)
- 3 tbsp milk of any kind (I used THIS)
- 4 medium strawberries, destemmed and halved
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (like this)
- In a blender or using an immersion blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT FOR POPPY SEEDS until creamy smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. If dressing is too thick, add more milk one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency reached.
- Store in air tight glass jar in fridge.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.