Hello there, juicy sweet cantaloupe! Meet my current smoothie crush: Creamy Cantaloupe Smoothie.
When the weather is cold, I love to spend time in the kitchen baking and creating. But as soon as the weather turns hot, I just want to be outside, and I turn into a lazy cook.
My go-to meal on hot summer days is a salad that can be thrown together quickly from all the amazing produce get here in Northern California. I just add a bit of leftover protein on top from last night’s dinner. Done!
We also snack on lots of raw veggies and fruits. I like to keep it super simple. I’d rather be out playing in the sun.
Smoothies have been my go-to snack this week. Too hot ( lazy) to make anything else. I keep a mason jar of homemade coconut milk in the fridge just for smoothies. I make a new batch about every 4-5 days.
This is what happens when I get a sweet, juicy cantaloupe from the farmer’s market:
If you have never had cantaloupe and coconut milk in a smoothie, you are really missing out. It’s cold, refreshing, and healthy. And is just the thing on a hot summer day, preferably by the pool. It’s simple. Only 4 ingredients. And if you have some cool popsicle molds, this smoothie makes amazing popsicles too.
Sometimes I do like to add a few extras to my smoothies for a little nutrient-dense boost. Here’s a few of my favorite add-ons:
- Gelatin- so many awesome healing properties and one tablespoon has 7 grams of protein. I use the grass fed collagen peptide from Vital Proteins because it dissolves easily in cold liquid and does not gel.
- Hemp seeds – two tablespoons has 7 grams of protein.
- Coconut oil – one tablespoon add healthy fats that your body craves and keeps you satiated longer.
- Ginger – adding a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger add zest and flavor and does wonders for your digestion.
- Turmeric – fresh or dried turmeric is an great anti-inflammatory.
- 2 cups fresh cantaloupe, deseeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 of a peach, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/2 cups homemade coconut milk (or 1 cup canned and 1/2 cup water)
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into blender and process until creamy smooth. Enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
What’s your favorite summer smoothie?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.