Love bread pudding? Yeah, me too. Here’s a gluten and grain free version that was a big hit at our house.
I’m not a big bread person, but I have always loved bread pudding. This recipe was actually created after I woke up one morning out of a dead sleep thinking about bread pudding. Not really sure where that came from, but now I had to make some.
I decided to use my Simple Coconut Flour Cake as the bread part. The rest is just a creamy mixture of nutrient-dense eggs, coconut milk, raisins, and spices. I threw it all together and baked it in the oven. OMG! The result was amazing!
Are you ready for a deliciously decadent bread pudding without all of the garbage? Wholesome eggs, healthy fats, unrefined sweeteners, and totally gluten free!. My family devoured the entire pan in one sitting. Yeah, it’s that good!
This grain free bread pudding is a wonderful weekend brunch idea. ENJOY!
- one simple coconut flour cake baked in an 8×8 baking dish lined with unbleached parchment paper (like this)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this), melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt (like this)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- a pinch of nutmeg
- coconut oil or ghee for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Chop simple coconut flour cake into 1 inch cubes, and place into greased pan with the raisins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, eggs, and sweetener of choice. Add vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Pour wet mixture over bread cubes and raisins. Give the pan a little shake to cover most of the bread cubes.
- Bake at 350’F for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Serve hot or cold. Delicious on it’s own but amazing with maple syrup or ice cream on top.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.