Meet the creamiest chocolate smoothie you have ever had. The perfect snack or little treat to satisfy your chocolate craving.
OK… if you have never put avocado in your smoothie, you are in for a real treat with this Chocolate Avocado Date Smoothie. The creaminess of the avocado in a smoothie gives it the texture of a real deal milk shake while giving you a nice dose of healthy fats and amino acids. This is the kind of smoothie you will want to eat with a spoon. So rich, smooth, and velvety!
I shared my recipe for my Avocado Date Smoothie a while back. This is my updated version that has superfood raw cacao in it to add a rich chocolate flavor and an anti-oxidant boost. This smoothie may taste like ice cream, but it’s actually LOADED with nutrient-dense goodness to keep you full and satisfied for hours.
This has been my go-to while I power out work on the blog while Little One is in school. Four hours goes by in a blink, and many days I have hours and hours of recipes testing, photography, editing, and clean up to do. Nothing like a little creamy chocolate goodness to fuel my work day.
I use either full fat coconut milk or my homemade coconut milk for this recipe. Feel free to use any milk that makes you happy. Homemade nut milk works well too. I use raw cacao powder because it’s loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. You can use unsweetened cocoa powder as well.
Chocolate Avocado Date Smoothie
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 and 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk (like this) OR homemade coconut milk (recipe HERE)
- 2 dates, pitted
- ½ large avocado, peeled
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao (like this) OR unsweetened cocoa
- 3-4 cubes of ice, if you like a colder smoothie
- cacao nibs (like these) and banana slices for garnish
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Process until creamy smooth.
- Garnish with cacao nibs and banana slices, if desired. Enjoy! (You are going to want a spoon to eat this with!)
**I use either full fat coconut milk or my homemade coconut milk for this recipe. Feel free to use any milk that makes you happy. Homemade nut milk works well too.
**I use raw cacao powder because it’s loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. You can use unsweetened cocoa powder as well.