HAPPY SUNDAY! Sundays are my favorite day of the week. I love waking up with my family and having nothing to do. And it’s farmer’s market day. I get to go into town and buy all our produce for the week from local farmers. We are so blessed here in Northern California to have so many local, organic farms right in our backyard. There is something about buying my food from the same people every week, seeing them and their families working together to make a living. I feel more connected to my food. I feel more connected to my community. And it’s fun to be out with the fam.
This morning I’m was in the mood for something decadent. So I whipped up this yummy smoothie in my vitamix. It’s rich. It’s creamy. And oh so yummy!!!!! Yeah, usually don’t eat chocolate in the morning, but…. it was GOOD!! And it’s made with raw cacao powder, so it’s good for me. You can skip the chocolate, and it’s still divine. Enjoy!
- 1 and ½ bananas, frozen
- ¾ cup homemade coconut or nut milk (or any milk you like)
- 2 TBS almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS raw cacao powder (or unsweetened coca powder)
- pinch of salt
- 4 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into high-powered blender and process until creamy-smooth....
- You may need to add more milk if using regular blender
- Feel free to add more ice if not using frozen banana or if you just like a colder smoothie
- Serve immediately