A quick and easy healthy version of Chicken Meatball Noodle Soup. So cozy, warm, and comforting.
Yes, it is still August, and it’s technically still summer. But the mornings here in Northern California have been foggy and chilly. It’s been making me thing about soup. So I decided to kick off soup season a little early this year. Hope that’s OK with y’all.
Did you happen to catch my last post? I shared my recipe for Broccoli Chicken Meatballs. When you’re a food blogger, it usually mean that there’s an unusual amount of leftover food from recipe testing lingering in the freezer at all times. This week I happened to have 3 batches of chicken meatballs hanging arounds, so obviously I had to do something with them.
I know I’m a little ahead of the soup game this year, but who doesn’t love soup? It’s such an easy way to get nutrient-dense proteins and veggies into your diet. And a super easy way to get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
Here’s the deets:
the meatballs….. moist, tender chicken broccoli meatballs loaded with hidden veggie goodness. Make a batch (or two) and keep them in the freezer for quick and easy meals.
the noodles…..I’m a big fan of spiralized noodles. So much healthier than traditional pasta. THIS is the spiralizer I use. It works great. You can make noodles out of zucchinis, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, and many other vegetables. My 2 fav are zucchini and sweet potato.
the veggies….. onions, carrots, celery, and kale make this soup extra healthy and nutrient-dense.
fresh herbs….. fresh herbs always give the best flavor. I use fresh thyme and parsley, but you can use any fresh herbs you have on hand.
Even though I’m loving this cozy soup situation, I’m still praying for a little bit of an Indian summer. The weather tends to get warm again in September around here, and I wouldn’t be sad at all if we got some more river and pool days in this year.
Chicken Meatball Noodle Soup (gluten free and paleo)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups good quality broth (veggie, bone broth, or Kettle and Fire)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves OR 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup kale , destemmed and sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 small sweet potato, spiralized into noodles
- 12-15 chicken meatballs (grab recipe HERE)
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Melt butter/ghee over medium heat and saute onions for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Saute another 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add broth, thyme, bay leaf, kale, and sweet potato noodles. Simmer until veggies are done to your liking.
- Add meatballs and zucchini noodles and allow to warm up.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.