These blueberry waffles are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, + bursting with fresh blueberry flavor. Perfect breakfast, brunch, or snack. Gluten free, grain free, paleo, dairy free/nut free option, + freezer-friendly.
Waffles are my jam. Nothing like a good waffle brunch on the weekend.
I’ve shared several waffle recipes in the past. My Crispy Waffle recipe is our go-to but now I may have a new favorite waffle: the blueberry waffle.
Blueberry Waffle Deets
the dry…. these no fuss waffles are made with a simple gluten + grain free flour mix of almond flour, arrowroot (or tapioca), + coconut flour (plus baking powder + salt). As usual, mixing different gluten free flours gives the best flavor + texture. Cassava flour can be substituted for the almond flour to make a nut free version. The nut free version makes a crispier waffle, if that’s what you like. See recipe note for nut free option directions.
the wet…. eggs, dairy free milk, melted fat, + maple syrup. Just a few simple ingredients.
fresh blueberries… take these waffles to the next level.
This recipe makes 6 mini waffle or 3-4 regular-sized waffles. It all depends on what type of waffle maker you have. I used THIS mini waffle maker to make these adorable waffles. I also have THIS larger waffle maker that makes the BEST crispy waffles.
Perfect for meal prep
I highly recommend doubling this recipe and freezing some for later. Allow them to cool then freeze in single layer. I use a baking sheet for this then I store them in THESE reusable freezer bags.
Blueberry waffles make a delicious breakfast, brunch, or even dessert. Think crispy waffles with a tender, berry-filled inside drizzled with maple syrup and a dollop of coconut whipped cream. Thats’ how we like to do it. A big chunk of butter and some fruit-sweetened jam works too.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
- 1 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (like this)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of any kind
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
- extra fat to grease waffle maker
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, and melted fat. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix until well incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Preheat waffle maker. Liberally brush melted butter/ghee/coconut oil on waffle maker. Scoop mixture onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot. (Cook waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.)
Recipe can be made nut free by subbing cassava flour for the almond flour. Cassava is denser and more absorbent so you’ll need just a bit less. Start with 3/4 cup of cassava flour. Add more if needed. You want the batter to be thick but still pourable. The nut free version will make a crispier waffle, if that’s what you like.
Tapioca starch powder can be used in place of the arrowroot.
Use coconut oil in recipe to keep it dairy free.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.