Bacon is one of my favorite breakfast foods. And these little Bacon and Egg Muffins are a great way to start the day.
I don’t know about you, but I love having healthy foods prepared in the fridge for busy days. Making egg muffins is a great way to make sure that your family is fed nutrient-dense food even when you are in a hurry.
Egg muffins are easy to whip up, and store well in the fridge for up to a week. I like to make a batch at the beginning of the week for easy, grab and go meals and snacks. Loaded with protein, they are perfect for breakfast, lunch, and post-work out snacks.
The recipe is simple. I use ten pastured eggs and some delicious local bacon. I add a bit of spinach to sneak in some greens. My kids love these savory muffins. I often grab one out of the fridge on my way out the door. They travel well.
Bacon is my favorite addition, but feel free to use pre-cooked breakfast sausage if you like. I have also made variations using a titch of smoked paprika and even cayenne pepper. Italian spices are also good. Feel free to experiment.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt (I use THIS brand)
- several grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, cilantro, or parsley)
- ghee or coconut oil for oiling muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line a muffins pan with silicone liners or unbleached muffin liners. (I like to lightly oil my silicone liners.)
- In a skillet, melt fat of choice over medium heat. Saute spinach for about a minute until it begins to wilt. Turn off heat. Add chopped bacon pieces and fresh herbs. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 10 eggs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Spoon spinach/bacon mixture into your prepared muffin cups. Pour the whisked eggs evenly over the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.