If you ask me, Turkey is not the real star of the show on Thanksgiving. It’s all about the sides. And here’s 40 plus delicious and easy Thanksgiving sides to impress your guests with at your upcoming feast.
Let’s talk gratitude for a minute.
There’s a lot of commercial hype that happens around the holiday season, for sure. But that’s not what we focus on in our household. The holidays are a time for us to slow down and spend real quality time together. It’s a time when we get to give thanks and reflect on how lucky we are to have each other. And yes, to share lots of tasty food together.
Does your family have traditions around sharing food together? For me, sitting down with my family to share a meal is my favorite part of the day. And one tradition we have at dinner time is for everyone to go around and say what they are grateful for. Just a few simple words about anything we may feel gratitude for. This little tradition means a lot to me because I have learned that when I am grateful, it is hard to feel sad or angry or distressed.
I am not a particularly religious person, but I do consider myself to be a spiritual one. And this small gesture to acknowledge what I’m grateful for and to share that with my family has become an integral part of our meal times. It warms my heart to hear what my kids have to say and to know that I am cultivating a sense of gratitude in them instead of the commercialized sense of wanting that I often see. Abundance is a state of mind. And I prefer to live with an abundance mindset versus a mindset of scarcity.
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”
― Eckhart Tolle
OK… now lets’s get to those Thanksgiving side dishes. Cuz we all know there’s more to Thanksgiving than the turkey. You’ll find it all here: roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salads, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and SO MUCH MORE. All real food ingredients. All gluten free. Mostly paleo.
I am grateful for you all. Without you, Savory Lotus would not exist. Happy Holidays, beautiful people.
1. Brown Butter Maple Sage Roasted Carrots from Get Inspired Everyday!
2. Green Beans with Bacon Mushroom Sauce from Get Inspired Everyday!
3. Turmeric Roasted Carrots from The Natural Nurturer
4. Paleo Green Bean Casserole from The Natural Nurturer
5. Maple Cranberry Brussels Sprouts from Pure and Simple Nourishment
6. Beet Tartare Lettuce Cups with Crispy Shallots from Savory Lotus
7. Savory Greens with Pancetta from Savory Lotus
8. Paleo Roasted Asparagus Recipe from Stupid Easy Paleo
9. Crispy Creamy Green Bean Casserole from The Castaway Kitchen
10. Caramelized Shallot & Bacon Gravy with Creamy Whipped Cauliflower and Parsnips from Real Food with Dana
11. Roasted Carrots with Garlic from Prepare and Nourish
12. Paleo Whole30 Green Bean Casserole from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy
13. Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Lime & Crispy Shallots from Steph Gaudreau
SWEET POTATOES | POTATOES
14. Mini Sweet Potato Pomme Anna from Savory Lotus
15. Instant Pot Easy Sweet Potato Mash from Clean Eating Kitchen
16. Honey Sesame Yams from Savory Lotus
17. Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato with Pancetta, Garlic, and Sage from Comfort Bites
18. Candied Pecan Loaded Sweet Potatoes from What Great Grandma Ate
19. Apple Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake from Stupid Easy Paleo
20. Make-Ahead Sweet Potato Casserole with Crumb Topping from Eat Beautiful
21. Paleo Whole30 Mashed Potatoes from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy
22. Red Skin Mashed Potatoes with Almond Milk Cream Cheese from Real Food with Dana
23. Turmeric Roasted Potatoes from And Here We Are
24. Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Herb Ghee from Steph Gaudreau
25. Wilted Kale Salad with Golden Beets and Winter Squash from Savory Lotus
26. Roasted Butternut Salad with Pomegranates and Creamy Curry Dressing from Get Inspired Everyday!
27. Citrus and Pomegranate Salad from Savory Lotus
28. Fall Harvest Fruit Salad from The Natural Nurturer
29. Paleo Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad from What Great Grandma Ate
30. Beet Carrot Apple Salad from Steph Gaudreau
31. Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits from Savory Lotus
32. Grain-Free Herb Butter Biscuits from Raising Generation Nourished
33. Grain-Free Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pao de Queijo) from Savory Lotus
34. Grain-Free Rosemary Garlic Flatbread from Savory Lotus
35. Paleo Cranberry Apple Sauce from Stupid Easy Paleo
36. Homemade Cranberry Sauce from Raising Generation Nourished
37. Healthy Cherry Cranberry Sauce from Recipes to Nourish
38. Fermented Cranberry Sauce with Figs, Citrus, and Cloves from Eat Beautiful
39. Cranberry Sweet Potato Stuffing from Get Inspired Everyday!
40. Grain-Free Stuffing Recipe with Sausage from Eat Beautiful
41. Stuffing Stuffed Pumpkin from What Great Grandma Ate
42. Paleo Cauliflower Stuffing from Unbound Wellness
43. Best Paleo Stuffing from 40 Aprons
44. 5 Minute Bone Broth Gravy from Raising Generation Nourished
45. The Best Paleo and Whole30 Gravy from Tastes Lovely
46. Easy Paleo Herb Gravy from Nom Nom Paleo
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.