It’s 6 o’clock, you just walked in the door, and everyone is hungry? Sound familiar? As much as I try to plan ahead and prep food early, some days just end up like this. That is when we have taco night. It’s easy, it’s quick, and everyone loves it.
Seriously, this meal does only take 15 minutes. Basically you are browning and seasoning some meat and cutting up some taco fixings. That’s it. Plate it up looking pretty, and you are all set to go.
I don’t usually eat tacos with tortillas, but you could add some sprouted corn tortillas or better yet, make your own. I just saw a great recipe from Homemade Mommy for Homemade Sprouted Corn Tortillas. They look delicious. Going to have to try them out. My kids would love it.
The taco fixings are easy. Chop up some raw milk cheese, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro. We like sauerkraut on our tacos. The seasoned meat we make is mild. I have a favorite taco seasoning that I use. It’s organic and Non-GMO. If you would rather make your own, mix up some paprika, cumin, garlic and onion powder, pepper, and a mild chili powder. If you want a little kick to it, you can add a titch of cayenne. Don’t forget the hot sauce.
Well, time is short today. Have to go make dinner for the fam. Hope you enjoy our quick and easy taco night recipe.Print
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, buffalo, chicken, or turkey)
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 of an onion
- 2 tsp mild taco seasoning (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- a titch of cayenne for heat
- lettuce leaves to use as taco shells
- shredded cheese
- chopped cilantro
- chopped tomato
- avocado slices
- homemade sauerkraut
- your favorite hot sauce
- Saute chopped onion in fat of choice until beginning to turn translucent. Add the meat and continue to saute until meat is almost all the way browned. Add taco seasoning and cumin and brown another minute or two.
- Add chopped tomato and water, bring to a low simmer, and allow to cook for 7-8 minutes, until most of the liquid has cooked away.
- Meanwhile, wash your lettuce leaves and chop up all you taco fixings. Arrange into individual bowls or ramekins for easy serving.
- Once the seasoned meat is done, pour into serving dish. Arrange your meat dish and all of your fixings on a large platter and serve. ENJOY!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.