This is an easy, satisfying meal the whole family will love. Gluten/grain-free. I used ground turkey, but beef or buffalo would be good as well. This could also be made without meat. The spaghetti squash shreds into “pasta-like” texture without the heaviness of processed grains.
- Spaghetti Squash with Red Sauce
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 jars of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 LB ground turkey, beef or buffalo
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds
- Cook squash in crock pot on high with ½ inch of water in the bottom for 2½ -3 hours OR bake at 400' on baking sheet with ¼ inch water for 45 minutes or until soft
- Brown meat in skillet, drain if necessary, and add red sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Once squash is cooked, use fork to scrape squash into large bowl.
- Serve with red sauce ladled on top